Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DIY Fabric Floral Headpiece

Hello everyone!
     Today I have a very fun project for you my sweet berries. I have been seeing a lot this flower headbands lately and I wanted it every since I sew one. And I just thought that it was so cute and girly! So today is going to be a do it yourself on how to make your own flower headpiece. 

       It's actually very very simple and I also going to show you how to create your own flowers. You can use some fake flowers too, but hey . . . I'm a DIY addicted so I will make my own flowers.

        Flower headbands are the perfect way to give any outfit a girly touch. And this are also a must have for this season. Are perfect for spring! I hope you enjoy this and that you will try it!

What you need:
 
Let's get started!
      The first think you're going to do is to take your elastic, put it around your head, measure it how long you need it to be and cut it off.

Now let's make the flowers:
       For the first type of flower I'm going to cut a small strip from the fabric. 

Then I'm gonna cut a lots of little squares. 

        Now all you do is you put a little dot of hot glue in the center of you square and then you just folded in and pinch the bottom.    

       Take that small strip for the base and then you simply glue the squares on it. 

       The second type of flower I'm going to do is a twisted lace flower. Cut a circle from your fabric

       Then take you lace and you just spiral it around using glue as you go. Trim the end and here is your flower.

       To give it a little fancy touch I added this gold roses. Put a little glue dot in the center and then glue it your rose. 



Now take your elastic and glue both of the ends together.




Then take your flowers and glue them over the seam of the elastic.

Taa-daa! And you're done! Easy right? 

Here is how I style this cute floral headpiece!


Have a springelicious day!

No comments: