Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Spring Day!

Happy Spring my beautiful friends!  
      It's official, today is the first day of spring! I'm so happy! Do not get me wrong, I love winter, all seasons, but I think it's time for warmer days, joy and happiness. The one thing that comes to mind when I think of Spring is a new beginning.  The warm weather puts me in a good mood and I'm ready to take on new projects. I usually tackle at least one home decorating project, and I try to get rid of all the clutter in my house and my life! 
     Mărțișor is an old Romanian celebration at the beginning of spring, on March the 1st. “Martisor” is an old way of saying “little March,” and it is observed with the giving of martisor amulets. 
Ladybug martisor
     Traditionally, martisors have been given by men to the women in their lives, who then wear the martisor pinned to their blouses. In the past, martisors were made with black and white threads to signify the opposing forces of the world: good and evil, life and death, darkness and light. This tradition persists in some regions, though it has largely been replaced with the colors of love. Today, martisors are made with red and white threads. The red color symbolizes blood and womanhood and the white color represents the male spirit and snow, their combination meaningful for relationships.

Have lovely spring my beautiful friends! Much love :* :* :*

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the idea

Strawberry Love by Reny said...

I'm so glad you like it. Thank you very much! Have a nice day!