Monday, October 17, 2011

Why is autumn so special for me?

     Autumn is my favorite season! There is a lot to like about fall.  I think it is a beautiful time of a year . . .  The days have cooled down, the leaves are changing colors and the world is busy preparing itself for winter. There's something magical about this days, the first smell of the wood in the fireplace, the first frost, the pumpkin. School has started, and there's newness in the air.
        Autumn brings lots of changes. The trees begin to change colors, bringing a beautiful array of different colored foliage, which eventually drop off into our yards. I just like working outside in my yard maybe putting up Halloween decorations with a cool breeze and a light jacket.  It is a good time to bake and cook inside. I love the smell of apples baking in the oven.  It’s great to be able to open all the windows in the house and let lots of cool, fresh air inside. Packing summer clothes. Unpacking the winter ones. I like to unpack my favorite snuggly sweaters, thick warm socks, jackets,  boots and warm shoes.

         It’s time for the cozy pajamas, fluffy slippers, hot teas and great books. The shorter days and longer nights force us to be home earlier, and more often. It’s time for more cuddling, more good feelings and sharing pleasant moments with the loved ones, with laughter and love.

         Go for a walk and take in the clean, crisp autumn air. Enjoy the sound of leaves crinkling and crackling underneath your shoes.

Buy roasted chestnuts from a street vendor. 
       Collect golden autumn leaves and use them to decorate your dinner table, windowsills, or any other surface you choose. Also, make a bouquet of autumn leaves.
        It’s time for spending  more time with family and friends and be thankful for the good things in life. Like when you are in the arms of your boyfriend and you feel totally safe and then he kisses you on the forehead . . . that's a special feeling!
        I also think of autumn as a time of new beginnings. The frivolity of summer is over, and it’s time to get serious, to make new plans and to accomplish bigger and better things than you did last year. It’s a very optimistic time for me!


        Those are the things I think of when I think of fall. Have a lovely fall day!

No comments: